To hire one of the Club boats (Visions/Fevas/Picos or Topper) for the day or part thereof, please note the following:-
- You must be over 18 yrs, a Club member and competent to ensure your own safety and that of the craft. Should you be unsure as to whether or not you are competent to handle the prevailing conditions, you should NOT venture out without a safety boat or a competent adult in company.
- If you are not over 18 years (or have attained your 18th birthday but have not yet become a Club member) your parent must hire the boat and be responsible at all times both for your safety and that of the craft.
- Take a note of the boat number you are using so that when reporting any problems, the boat is easily identifiable.
- Boats are NOT be available for hire on any day when there is an organised Club Sailing Session. This includes Junior Week, On the Water, Plastic Fantastic, or training courses as they will be in use for the session.
- To hire a boat please in the first instance book online here, some instructions on booking are located here , if there any any issues with booking online please contact Martin Sweet, Commodore on firstname.lastname@example.org or text him on 07462663866 If he is unavailable and the boat is free, then you can take it out, but if you were unable to book online you MUST contact him to confirm what was taken out.
- NOTE: You must attempt to book online and by email before taking out one of the boats.
- NOTE: Over the Winter period, club boats are not bookable online and are bookable by exception only - please email email@example.com for authorisation
Dinghy Hire Fees
- To encourage participation in Club Racing events boats can be used free of charge but to ensure availability a booking should be made via the normal channels subject to the same conditions as described above. Otherwise the fees for each day or part thereof are
- An invoice for the hire will be raised and kindly ask that you pay this online through Gocardless before you take the boat out
Storage & Rigging
- All masts, sails, centre boards and rudders are stored in the safety boat shed.
- NOTE: WHEN RIGGING, ENSURE THAT THE DAGGERBOARD IS PROPERLY SECURED AROUND THE MAST WITH THE ATTACHED BUNGEE CORD AND THAT THE RUDDER IS SECURED WITH A CURLY CLIP (SPLIT RING) OR SNAP SHACKLE.
- THE COST OF REPLACING THESE ITEMS IS HUGE. DAGGERBOARD = 230, RUDDER ASSEMBLY =250. FEVA RUDDER ASSEMBLY = 400. If you lose one of these items you will be expected to contribute to its replacement.
- When hiring the Visions you MUST use the grey mast float. This is kept in the safety boat shed if it hasn't been left in the boat.
- After sailing please wash the boat, undo the bung and ensure all sails etc are returned to their storage position and the storage shed is secured.
- When not in use the boats must be put back on their trolleys to minimise damage to the hulls. Do NOT leave sitting on the ground or drag over the stones.
- Please secure the storage sheds if there are no other users in the vicinity.
- Ensure the launching trolley is left where not to cause obstruction to footpaths, or other users - please ensure you do not leave it on the Church land while on the water
Note: The boat number when booking ie "Vision 1" does not related to any numbering on the boat, so if you have booked, just select and take any available boat of that type.
- Safety is the responsibility of each member who goes out on the water and, if under-age, the responsibility of the parent. PLEASE ASK FOR ADVICE IF YOU ARE UNSURE AS TO CONDITIONS OR ABILITY.
- Although there can be little or no tidal current in the water immediately in front of the Clubhouse wall at high water, the current increases as you approach the channel and, in the channel itself can be very strong indeed.
- Club Byelaws (xii) and (xiii) refer to Safety on the water and these can be viewed at https://www.tisc.org.uk/terms-1/terms-and-conditions-1. A paper copy is also kept in the Club small lounge.
- The ideal crew weight range for a Feva is 100 kg to 110 kg it would therefore be inappropriate if windy to sail with a crew weight significantly less.
- When hiring the Visions, Fevas or the 2000 when it is windy, F5 do not leave the Thorney channel. If gusting F6 or above they CANNOT be hired. Most boats can be reefed. If in doubt reef.
- If there are any bits of the boat you have hired that do not work properly, please make a note in the maintenance book inside the sail shed door.