Bembridge Cruiser Rally
Published 00:00 on 20 Apr 2019
BEMBRIDGE CRUISER RALLY – 8/9 MAY 2019
By popular demand our first rally of the new season will be a two day event at Bembridge Harbour on 8/9 May. Please see the details below:
- Wednesday 8 May.
- HW Chi Bar 1445 BST 4.6m – make way to Bembridge in own time.
- Berths will be booked in advance at 'The Duver' marina. Rally mooring charges will apply.
- Evening BBQ at the Marina. Bring your own food and drink. BBQ and marquee will be provided. A small charge for the use of these facilities will be collected during the evening.
- Thursday 9 May.
- The day will be free for personal activities.
- In the evening there will be a choice of dining options at the many clubs, cafes and restaurants around the harbour (some ideas are given below – make your own reservations but see below re 'Ganders') - or do your own thing on board.
- Jane and I plan to have dinner at 'Ganders' at St Helens and a few others have already asked to join us. So I have taken the liberty of provisionally reserving 24 places there for a set 3 course dinner (leek and potato soup, steak & ale pie - or veggie option of mushroom gateau - and chocolate & whisky bread & butter pudding) @ £24.50ea. Attendance will be on a 'first come first served' basis so get your bids in early! Any spare places will be released back to the restaurant on 27 April.
- Other ideas for dining:
- Brading Haven Sailing Club – 01983 872289
- Baywatch on the Beach – 01983 873259
- The Pilot Boat Inn Bembridge – 01983 872077
- The Crab and Lobster Bembridge - 01983 872244
- The Vine Inn St Helens – 01983 872337
- Friday 10 May.
- HW Chi Bar 1626 BST 4.4M - return in own time.
- Booking Arrangements: Bookings to email@example.com Saturday 27 Aprillatestplease. Details required:
- Boat's Name
- Skipper's and crew's names.
- Boat's type, draught (M) and LOA(M)
- ETA Bembridge.
- Numbers for dinner at 'Ganders' on 9 May with details of any veggie main course preferences please.
Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at sunny (hopefully!) Bembridge.