Club Actions to Combat Coronavirus - Updated 04/06
Published 00:00 on 3 May 2020
Good news - We have been given permission to access the island again - on the proviso we review and agree to the procedures outlined by the Army - these have been distributed to all members via email.
Please review the email and materials thoroughly, but below is a summary of the key points
- This is a phased re-opening starting with Outdoor activities only so not using the club house kitchen or lounges. These will be locked. Only the disabled toilet will be accessable.
- Review and adhere to the instructions from the Army.
- You and all family members(adults & children) need to be on the NEW access list to gain entry to the Island. Not on the access list and you won't get access.
- To get on the Access List - Agree & Accept for each family member in the Membership Area on the website, Each family member has their own profile so only one name in the 'Covid Requirements completed' field in a profile.
- Leave a statement agreeing to conditions signed by all family members in the club postbox on the north end of the club on your first visit.
- Check In/Out when you Enter/Leave the Island. This has to be done on a smart phone. There is information on the front page of the website on how to do it.
- Bring soap for hand washing and wash hands in the boat park. Also bring gel.
- The Clubhouse is restricted to the disabled toilet only for members (Not to be used for changing). Change outside.
- Builders are working in the club at the moment trying to finish the gents upgrade so be aware.and keep your distance.Wash hands and gel before and after if you need to use the toilet.
- Note: The door combination is not as in your renewal. The current code has been communicated to members via email.
- At this stage NO communal equipment is available. This means no boats can be hired at the moment.
- Follow Government Guidance and adhere to Social Distancing at all times, including sailing - sailing solo or only with members of your household.
- Assuming you review and agree to the 'Covid Requirements' online by 12:00 on Friday you will be added to the list for the following day - after this you will need to wait another week for the access list to be updated.
- Only come to the club if you are in good health and not showing signs of Coronavirus
- if you have symptoms after coming to the club please return home and contact a committee member.immediately so we can establish who may be at risk. This is why it is important to check in/out.
At this stage there is no training or racing scheduled - but we are looking at options to allow us to open up these activities safely in the future.