RYA VHF/SRC Radio Course
Did you know that?
The Short Range Certificate is the minimum qualification required by law to control the operation of VHF and VHF Digital Selective Calling (DSC) equipment on any British flagged vessel voluntarily fitted with a radio. This includes both fixed and hand held equipment using International channels.
How can you gain this knowledge?
Sign up for a course at the clubhouse. This one day course is for anyone who owns a fixed or hand held marine VHF radio or who would like to learn how to use them.
- The basics of radio operation
- The correct frequencies (channels) to be used
- Distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- Making ship to shore telephone calls
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC) using simulators
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue (SART)
Cost: £45 plus £30 for RYA Certificate
Schedule: Meet at the Club House ready to start at 9am and finish at 5.30pm followed by a short written test and a practical assessment. Please bring a packed lunch and also an official passport photograph for the certificate and provide an email for the pre-course reading.
Course dates will be published as courses are scheduled. To express your interest please contact email@example.com